I'm a twenty-nine year old, Asian-American, male. I live in Seattle but was born and raised in sunny Southern California. I spent the first eighteen years of my life in Valencia, home of the orange and of course Magic Mountain. I ended up going to an Ivy League school, where I spent four years studying about supply-and-demand and how to traverse a binary tree. I ended up in NYC after college, working for a consulting firm, but decided it wasn't for me (the city and the job) . So I packed it up and went back to Southern California.
I took a job as a programmer for a small little outfit. It was some of the best times of my life and I met lots of friends who I still have today (and are probably reading this blog). Unfortunately, that little project failed, and they laid off most of the company. I however remained behind, and even got a significant promotion to boot. I stayed on for several more years, and even though I was one of the last people hired on that original project, I was the very last person to leave (the second to last person beat me out by a couple of days).
One of the people I met at that company convinced me it was a good idea to go work at another small software company. I had some good experiences there and learned a lot. One of the things I learned was that I didn't want to work there, and so I quit. I am now unemployed and working on this blog. I went from a six-figure salary, to this. Earning exactly ZERO. I have no real expertise to do what I'm trying to do here. I am nothing more than an amateur stock picker and a tech geek, so this is as new to me as it is to you.
That's me in a nutshell. But if you want some more random information here it is:
- I have one brother and one sister, I'm the youngest.
- I am in a relationship of over two years with a girl I met on E-harmony (it works!)
- I love eating Sushi, even though I hated the thought of it until I was 24 years old.
- I have a cat which I found on my porch one night. I am very allergic to him.
- I love playing basketball, and am I devout Laker fan.
- I'm right handed, but can only palm a basketball with my left hand.