Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Gambling, Stocks, and Beating the Odds

Red DiceI listen to a lot of sports talk radio. On the radio today was a sports bookie and he was talking about where the good places to bet would be in the coming months. Right now, there are a lot of things you can bet on like the NFL regular season, the College Bowl Season, and Basketball.

Something he said really interest me because it applies so well to picking stocks. He was telling people where they should put their money this bowl season and was telling people to look at some of the smaller college basketball games. His reasoning was that there were so many people focused on the NFL and College Bowl Games that there was just not enough coverage of some of these smaller college basketball games and that meant there was great value there.

When picking stocks, this is the sweet spot. I will admit, I've not been great in this space, but one thing you as a small investor can do to gain an advantage is to look at the smaller, less well known names. The big names like Google and Goldman Sachs are very well researched. The odds of you getting an edge over someone else is very small. However, if you concentrate on the stocks not covered as well, you can find some great value.

4 comments:

  1. Online poker playing can be both fun and rewarding. You're not only playing a "game" but you are also exercising your decision making skills. You get to play against world-class poker players and you may even make a little money. CASINO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works like lucky pick when user no idea what number to buy. Wish this number generator will bring wealth and luck to you. 4d3dtoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you always dream of winning the lotto? Well, I think almost all of us day dream about it once in a while. But do you know there are actually secret strategies and systems that can improve your odds of winning the lotto. It's all now to probabilities. Lotto Strategies: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, lotto is still with us, data togel helsinki despite how the estimated 99 % of players really are losers and the remainder of 1 % are only intermittent winners.

    ReplyDelete