- In a little bit under 3 months, I've already paid $2000 in state income tax. My equivilent in Washington would be $0.
- Traffic is bad enough that I've started taking the train every once in a while.
And that's about it. On a personal note, my girlfriend is still in Seattle, so California has been a little bit of a drag without her. But she is moving down soon so that will soon rectify itself. Now let's talk about the good things
- Housing wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm paying $1700 for my two bedroom. For this area, it's a pretty good deal. Still slightly more than I would spend in Redmond, but not by much.
- If you like looking at girls in short skirts, there are definitely more of them around. Not only are they better looking but they obviously have the opportunity to wear short skirts because ...
- The weather is SOOO Much better.
Let's look at that last one shall we. The weather forecast for tomorrow in Redmond is
It's going to be fairly cold and pretty rainy. Typical March weather. The forecast for Pasadena tomorrow.
Not quite the same thing. It is actually pretty damn hot down here lately. If you go outside and stand in the sun for a while you will actually start to sweat.
So on the one hand you have pretty girls and nice weather on one side and traffic and a few thousand dollars on the other. So is it worth it? Yes! There are some things money can't buy, and most of the good things you can find right here in California :)